الجمعة، 19 مايو 2017

Seri talks up Barcelona move - is he a better option than Verratti?

The midfielder says he couldn’t turn down a move to Camp Nou

It’s no surprise that Barcelona have been linked with a whole host of midfielders this season with Marco Verratti perhaps the name that crops up the most, but might Barca be better off moving for Jean Seri?

The Nice midfielder has now admitted he would be unable to turn down a move to Camp Nou should the club come calling and has even claimed the Blaugrana have sent scouts to watch him in action.

"I have been told that technicians of the Barcelona club have come to watch our matches," he told Mundo Deportivo.

"Look, I'm from Barca since I was a kid, when I was still in my native country, in Ivory Coast. I was always very cool, those who know me know.

"Then when I went to play in Portugal I still had the opportunity to follow their matches more closely

"If Barca come for you, you can not say no. No way."

Seri’s Nice side are guaranteed third spot in Ligue 1 this season and the 25-year-old has played a key role in their impressive season where they have beaten PSG 3-1 and champions Monaco 4-0.

The Ivorian’s statistics for the season also compare favourably with Verratti’s but crucially he is likely to be a far cheaper option and prising him away might be easier.

Verratti has long been linked with a move away from PSG but signed a new five-year deal back in August and it’s still uncertain whether the club will sanction his sale.

Seri, meanwhile, is keen and already knows the player he wants to follow in the footsteps of should he swap Ligue 1 for La Liga.

"He [Xavi] is the player I always tried to look like, I can close my eyes and remember games and passes that he gave Barca style," he added.

"I always looked very much at his soccer, as he evolved with the ball in his feet, as he marked the times and the rhythm of the ball. In the way I had to order the game and, above all, in their passes and assists."

A new Xavi? That would be very nicely indeed!

Marco Verratti or Jean Seri? Who would you prefer at Barcelona? Let us know your thoughts!



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2qyzceY

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.