الاثنين، 22 مايو 2017

Luis Enrique: A lack of consistency cost Barcelona the title

The coach says he knows where is all went wrong this season

Luis Enrique has blamed a lack of consistency for Barcelona’s failure to land La Liga this season after finishing the campaign three points behind Real Madrid.

Barca signed off with a 4-2 win over Eibar on the final day but it made no difference as Zinedine Zidane’s men scooped the title after seeing off Malaga.

Speaking after his final Liga game in charge of the Blaugrana, Enrique blamed inconsistency, particularly at home, for letting their title slip away.

"[The comeback] was a clear sign of what this team is and what it is capable of, of never giving up ever," Luis Enrique said via ESPN.

"But we haven't ended the season as we wanted. La Liga is 38 games long and it rewards consistency.

"We were not consistent enough -- especially earlier in the season at home -- to win the league and we have paid for that.

"We didn't depend on ourselves [going into the final day]. We fought until the very end and now we congratulate a worthy champion."

Camp Nou unveiled a huge tifo paying tribute to Lucho ahead of the game and he says he is happy with the contribution he made to the club during his time in charge.

"What stays with me is the affection I have received from the people at the club," he added.

"I don't care what the rest think. I came to be a leader and thanks to my players I've managed to win some titles -- I'm happy and fortunate to have spent these years here.

"I did everything in my own style, giving everything until the last day and I have nothing to regret."

There’s no doubt the home games against Alaves and Malaga cost Barcelona dearly but the away matches at Malaga, Deportivo, Betis and Villarreal were also key to the club missing out on the title.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2qGRH0z

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.