الأربعاء، 24 مايو 2017

Barcelona-target Valverde insists he has ‘no agreement with any club’

But he admits there is interest from big clubs....

Ernesto Valverde has insisted he has no agreement with Barcelona yet as he bade farewell to Athletic Bilbao in a press conference this morning.

The 53-year-old is widely expected to be announced as Luis Enrique’s replacement next week but he played down such speculation although he admitted there is interest in his services.

"I always wanted to tell you [the journalists], before you can ask me questions, there's been a lot of speculation about my future," he said via Sport.

"To make it clear: I have no agreement with any club and I have not spoken with anyone.

"I have an agent and there is interest. It's not the first time there have been offers from big clubs. But what has prevailed is my desire to honor my commitment to this club."

When pressed further about the supposed interest from Barcelona, he added: "I'm not going to talk about specific teams now. When there's an offer from a club, you will know the answer [if I'd be excited to coach them]."

It’s little surprise to see Valverde play down the rumours, particularly as the press conference was designed for him to say goodbye to Athletic after the club announced his departure yesterday.

Valverde is still the hot favourite to take over Barca and with Josep Maria Bartomeu having promised an announcement next Monday, the saga over who will replace Lucho thankfully does not have long left to run. Phew!



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2rToFZs

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.