الثلاثاء، 30 مايو 2017

Iniesta: Valverde is a good choice for Barcelona

The midfielder is backing the new man

Andres Iniesta has given his full backing to Ernesto Valverde after he replaced Luis Enrique as Barcelona boss on Tuesday.

Valverde is due to be officially presented on Thursday and his appointment has been met with a somewhat mixed reaction from Barca supporters.

Iniesta, however, is confident the club have made the right choice and is looking forward to working with the 53-year-old.

“He is a coach that I like a lot," he said via Sport. "He has done a great job at all his previous clubs and I think that at Barcelona he will take a big step forward in his career.

“I’m sure we will keep fighting for everything. I hope he has a lot of luck. I don’t know him but I’ve spoken to him on a few occasions. Pozanco [I know], the fitness coach from his time at Barcelona."

Iniesta also explained that the players had not been informed about who would replace Lucho and only found out about Valverde at the same time as everybody else.

“The club didn’t ask the captains their opinion, or anybody," he added. "The decision is theirs and the truth is that until today, nobody told us officially that Valverde would be the coach. I think he’s a good choice.”

If he’s good enough for Iniesta, then he’s good enough for me, and like him or not, he’s now the man in charge and deserves the support from all the fans as we begin a new era.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2sa1hIi

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.