الاثنين، 28 يوليو 2014

Jeremy Mathieu: "I will show why my signing is a good decision"


Jeremy Mathieu has recently spoken in an interview to Barça TV. And the 30-year-old French defender is confident that he'll do well as a Blaugrana.


Mathieu talks about him growing up in France, his experience, and guaranteed doing his best at Barça. Here are a few highlights of his talk:




"I'll give 100% of myself out there and I hope my hard work pays off on the pitch. Hopefully everything goes well. I'm here to win every championship possible, since the team didn't win any last year. I know we can do it.


There's a lot of pressure to play in the place of Puyol after all he did for this club, but I'm ready to accept the challenge and I will show everyone why Barça made a good decision when they signed me.


I started playing when I was 5 in France, and at 17 I made my debut in the senior team at Sochaux. I might look old but I think my age gives me an important experience and it gets easier to deal with the press and everything else. I'm ready for the pressure.


I don't think I'll have any issues with adapting to the club. I've always wanted to be here and playing at Valencia for so long helped me learn the language. The only thing that matters is the pitch, and how I can help the team.


For sure, having [Jordi] Alba here is a great thing. We're really close, we've had three great seasons together and I'm sure he'll help me interact with the group.


Abidal is a great player. He has left his mark on this team and he deserves all the love and admiration from the club and the fans. I understand the comparisons, and I feel confident that I can play as well as he did here."




Nice guy.







from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1xr6jdL

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.