الثلاثاء، 15 يوليو 2014

Dani Alves, on Staying at FC Barcelona: "I guess so"


The Brazilian right-back has been strongly linked with a move. Now, it looks like he is staying


These are not good times for Dani Alves. After a disappointing end of season with Barcelona, Alves went to Brazil to represent his country in the World Cup. He played poorly, ended up going to bench for Maicon and only got to watch his team get annihilated by Germany and Netherlands in the last two games, by a combined score of 10-1.


Many expected that the 31-year-old wouldn't come back to Barça after the tournament, as he was strongly linked with a move away from Camp Nou, most specifically, to Paris Saint-Germain. There were reports about him being included in the Barça bid for Marquinhos, but nothing ever happended. The talks between Dani and PSG have stalled for weeks now, and Alves seems less and less likely to leave.


He landed in the city of Barcelona on Tuesday after flying from São Paulo, and gave interviews to a few media members who were waiting for his arrival. Asked about whether or not he is staying at Barça, his answer was simple: "I guess so", he said.


Alves then continued "I want to talk to the club, express my desire and my goals to them, and see if they still want to work with me. When I meet with them we'll decide if I stay or not, because it's not just me or them who has to decide, it's all of us."


Dani didn't rule out the possibility or leaving, but that looks like a very narrow one. "Leaving is an option, yes, but I have to talk to the club. I have a contract, and want to finish it, but we've got to be on the same page. The truth is, I'm incredibly happy here at Barça. I might be repeating myself but that's just the way it is. I'm happy here, I've had great years and I want to stay. I just need to meet with the club to see if they feel the same way, then I'll stay".


Alves also commented on the World Cup. "The way it ended was too tough for us and the people in the country. We know they're disappointed and that hurts us, but you've got to move on. That's life, you win some, you lose some".







from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1sjWyzY

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.