الخميس، 31 يوليو 2014

Gerard Piqué: 'I'm not the best anymore'


But he's confident he will be again.


Gerard Piqué is very critical of himself. And he wants to get better.


The 27-year-old center-back has spoken in a press conference on Thursday after Barcelona's practice at St. George's Park, site of the team's pre-season training this week. Piqué is not satisfied with his performances from last season, and he believes the arrival of Luis Enrique will help him get back to world-class status. He also talked about his new dance partner, Jeremy Mathieu, among other topics.


Here's a few highlights of his answers:


His performances and Luis Enrique:




"I'm not the best center-back in the world anymore. I was once, but last season and also in the World Cup, that was definitely not the case.


To play and win at Barça you have to be one of three best players in your position, and I haven't been lately. But I think Luis Enrique will help him get back to that. I know I can get back to being one of the best in the world and I'm working for it. I'm confident in it. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here anymore"




Expectations for the season:




"Anytime you don't win an important title, it's a failure. We failed, but we were close both in La Liga and in the Copa del Rey. It is clear that if we get to our best again, we can win those titles back, as long as we're all humble and work hard towards that goal. We have all the ingredients to perform well and have a great year."




Mathieu:




"I think it's great that he is here. He'll adapt well. He knows how the Spanish League is, so it won't be a problem. His skills will help us a lot. He's tall and very fast at the same time. He is tough, but has no problem to pass the ball. Also, being left-footed can help us tremendously."



Good luck, Shakiro.









from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1tyIu6e

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.