الأحد، 22 سبتمبر 2019

Xavi says he’d have no problem managing Messi and Co.

Palamos v Al Saad - Pre-Season Friendly Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The midfielder has been talking about his former team

Xavi says he would have no problem managing former team-mates like Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets and Luis Suarez at Barcelona.

The 39-year-old is currently in his first managerial role with Qatari side Al Sadd but has previously been pretty open about his desire to return to the Camp Nou as boss one day.

Xavi was asked in an interview how he would feel about being managing some of his former team-mates and reckons his knowledge of the players would be a big help.

“It wouldn’t be a problem. I know what Leo is like, and Luis, Busquets, Jordi, Pique or Sergi.

“I know how they train, their capacity for leadership, I can tell if they are sad or angry. I hope as a coach I could have three, five, eight or 10 players that I already knew and that I already had a good relationship with.

“[Messi] is a player who, if you convince him, he can even be a brilliant defender. He has physical and mental speed. He has everything. If you convince him to run, what will the others do? They will run twice as much.”

Source | Ara

Xavi’s comments come with Ernesto Valverde facing renewed pressure after a poor start to the season. The 55-year-old has overseen the club’s worst start to a La Liga season for 25 years, with just two wins from their opening five matches.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2LG9r6I

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.