الاثنين، 30 سبتمبر 2019

Alexis Sánchez: “Puyol is the best captain I ever had”

FC Internazionale Training Session Photo by Claudio Villa - Inter/Inter via Getty Images

The Inter Milan forward reminisced fondly about his time at Barcelona

Alexis Sánchez has hailed Carles Puyol as the best captain he’s ever had, as he prepares to meet his former team, Barcelona, in the UEFA Champions League.

The Chilean, who now plays for Inter Milan, reminisced about his time at Barça in an interview with UEFA.com:

“When I got to Barcelona there was talk that it was the best Barcelona in history at the time. There was Pep Guardiola, Lionel Messi, Xavi, Iniesta... some of whom are not there anymore. There was Puyol, who for me was an incredible captain, the best I have had in my career up to now. It was something special, it teaches you to play football differently, with possession.”

Sánchez’s current teammate, Diego Godín also spoke fondly of Puyol. Godín was a frequent rival of Puyol’s when the former played at Atlético Madrid.

When asked who his idols were as he was coming up, the Uruguayan mentioned his compatriot Diego Lugano. But he also mentioned the former Barça captain.

“I liked Puyol a lot, in his moment at Barcelona. I admired his competitiveness and his strength to compete in every match in the same way. I admired his nobility in defense, that is something that maintained him for so many years and helped him become one of the top defenders in history,” Godín said.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2oKFaLb

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.