الخميس، 26 سبتمبر 2019

De Jong explains why he chose Barca over Man City & PSG

FC Barcelona v Villarreal - La Liga Santander Photo by Rico Brouwer/Soccrates/Getty Images

The midfielder had his pick of top clubs

Frenkie de Jong has been talking about his decision to leave Ajax for Barcelona and explained why he opted for the Catalan giants amid interest from other clubs.

Premier League champions Manchester City and PSG were also in for the Dutch star, but De Jong says that Barcelona showed him the most affection.

“My choice of Barcelona was because they were the club who showed me the most love,” he said.

“The first time I heard about Barça? It was in 2018. My agent called me to say: ‘Barcelona has been interested in you, let’s talk to them.’ Listening to something like that makes you proud and flattered.

“If it had not been Barcelona, it is hard for me to say now, but it would have had to have been PSG or Manchester City.

“It is not good to talk about being motivated by money. Money is not my area - it was never a topic of discussion at meetings that I was at. That was my agent’s business.”

Source | El Periodico

De Jong signed a five-year contract at the Camp Nou in July and has featured in all of Barca’s La Liga games so far, scoring his first goal in the 5-2 win over Valencia.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2lbR13k

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.