الأحد، 2 أغسطس 2020

Has Poch changed his mind about managing Barca?

FBL-ENG-PR-TOTTENHAM-SHEFFIELD UTD Photo by IAN KINGTON/AFP via Getty Images

Some interesting comments from the former Spurs boss

Mauricio Pochettino has been talking about Barcelona and specifically coments he made back in 2018 when he said it would be impossible for him to manage at the Camp Nou.

The former Tottenham boss felt that his past with Espanyol, where was both player and manager, would prevent him from ever being Barca boss.

Pochettino has now given an interview where he was asked to explain his comments and seemed to backtrack on his claims about never managing at the Camp Nou.

“I was in Barcelona that year and I met [Barcelona president] Bartomeu in a bar. We greeted each other because we were taking the children to the same school and we were talking for five minutes. That generated a rumor that set off alarms because there were more teams that wanted us, and when they asked me I wanted to settle it drastically.

“I did not want to disrespect Barcelona. I could have said things differently. Espanyol has made a name for me. But I’m not arrogant and I didn’t like making a statement like that. Maybe now I wouldn’t because in life you never know what will happen.”

Source | El Pais

The 48-year-old has been out of work since being sacked from Tottenham in November after five years in north London. He’s already been linked with many of the top clubs across Europe, and there were a few reports Barca were in contact in January to discuss potentially replacing Ernesto Valverde.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3fiK1YF

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.