الاثنين، 18 يونيو 2018

Frenkie de Jong ‘can’t promise’ he’ll be at Ajax next season

Frenkie de Jong has been talking about his future and says he “can’t promise” he will be an Ajax player next season.

The midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona and the focus seems to have turned to the midfield now Antoine Griezmann has announced he’s staying at Atletico Madrid.

De Jong seemed in playful mood when talking about next season with Dutch broadcaster AT5. This is what he said when asked if he could promise he’ll be at Ajax next season.

“Of course you can never promise that as a footballer. There may be a club tomorrow that offers so much that you are away. But as it stands, I play at Ajax,” he said.

“First I have to get fit. And just see if I can play football a bit, then we’ll see further.”

The 21-year-old was also asked about all the speculation surrounding a move to Barcelona and was pretty coy with his answer.

“I do not really read the Spanish newspapers,” he added.

“Right now it is not so serious for me that I have to keep myself busy with it. I leave that to my agent. I do not know if he is working on it. Maybe, maybe not.”

The latest rumors have claimed Ajax do not want to sell De Jong this summer, but Barcelona will try again as he has become one of their top priorities this summer.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2JUnNwV

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.