الأحد، 29 مارس 2020

Xavi wants to return and ‘start a project from scratch’

Monterrey v Al-Sadd Sports Club - FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019 Photo by Etsuo Hara/Getty Images

The club legend has been talking about the future

Xavi has given a pretty interesting interview to La Vanguardia where he’s talked about how he would like to return to Barcelona and “start a project from scratch.”

The Al Sadd coach turned down the chance to replace Ernesto Valverde in January but remains keen on taking charge of his former club at some point in the future.

“I am clear that I want to return to Barça, I am very excited. Now that I have seen myself training I think I can contribute things to the players. But I made it clear to them that I saw myself in a project that started from scratch, and in which decision-making was mine.”

Xavi went on to say he “there cannot be anyone toxic near the locker room” and added that he doe not “have a bad relationship with Bartomeu, I get along well with Joan Laporta and I’m friends with Víctor Font.”

The 40-year-old also discussed his ‘dream team’ consisting of the players already at the club and those he think might be good signings.

“Much of the staff seems extraordinary to me. Starting with the goalkeeper who seems to me the best in the world; Jordi Alba, for me, is the best left back in the world; Piqué, the best central defender in the world; Busquets, the best defensive midfielder in the world; and Messi, the best player in the world.

“And, if you add Suárez, De Jong and Arthur, they seem to me footballers with 10 more years at Barça. The base is very good. I would sign wingers like Neymar –I don’t know if he would fit in with the social issue, but footballing-wise I have no doubts that he would be a spectacular signing–; Barça already has a game inside ... but they lack wingers like Bayern does. You don’t need many new ones: Jadon Sancho, Serge Gnabry ...”

It seems clear that Xavi will return to Barcelona at some point in the future. His contract with Al Sadd runs until summer 2021, while Quique Setien’s deal runs until June 2022.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2JjSpcR

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.