السبت، 21 مارس 2020

Olmo explains why he didn’t join Barca in January

RB Leipzig v SV Werder Bremen - Bundesliga Photo by Roland Krivec/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The Spanish champions were keen to start with...

Dani Olmo says he spoke to Barcelona in November about a possible return to the Camp Nou but a move fell through after the club told him to wait.

The 21-year-old was linked with a whole host of clubs before the January transfer window and eventually ended up signing for RB Leipzig for €30 million.

Olmo reckons Barca initially seemed keen to get a deal done only to go cold on the idea.

“They spoke to my agents in November as if they wanted to do a deal very quickly, but then they postponed everything for one reason or another,” he said.

“And so until the end of January, they asked me to wait. Then they saw that I had almost completed a deal with Leipzig. I was already committed.

“I wanted to go to a team that had a present and future project for me. Leipzig offered it to me and other teams did not. They showed that they loved me more.”

Source | Mundo Deportivo

Olmo made his debut for RB Leipzig in the 2-2 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach and scored his first goal for his new club three days later in a defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/33zMj1h

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.