الجمعة، 27 مارس 2020

Carlos Vela says he tried to join Barcelona but LAFC blocked move

Philadelphia Union v Los Angeles Football Club Photo by Shaun Clark/Getty Images

The striker came close to the Camp Nou

LAFC striker Carlos Vela has been talking once again about interest from Barcelona and said he tried to move to the Camp Nou but his club made it difficult for him to leave.

The Catalan giants came in for the striker in the January 2019 transfer window but couldn’t seal a deal for the Mexican and ended up with Kevin-Prince Boateng instead.

Vela says he would have been happy to make the move but his club weren’t keen.

“Barca offered me the chance to join them for four months at that moment in time and I accepted it because it was a very good opportunity. It wasn’t ‘Ah, I want to go for two years and if not, I’m not going.’ They said four months and I said I would go for four,” he said.

“LAFC did not make it easy for me to leave although it’s understandable. In the order, they are looking for the best for themselves. I tried and it wasn’t to be. But it’s ok because I’m more than happy here.”

Source | GQ

Vela went on to enjoy a brilliant season with LAFC, scoring a record 34 goals (and 15 assists) to clinch the MLS Golden Boot. He was also named the MLS Most Valuable Player in November, beating Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the prize.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2wLvAMe

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.