الاثنين، 19 نوفمبر 2018

Griezmann didn’t want to be ‘Messi’s lieutenant’

The Frenchman’s explained why he stayed at Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann has been talking about why he decided to stay at the Wanda Metropolitano despite huge interest from Barcelona over the summer.

Griezmann was expected to move to the Camp Nou, with the Spanish champions tipped to pay his €100 million release clause.

However, a deal failed to happen with Griezmann releasing a documentary to explain his decision. He’s now added more detail and says Lionel Messi was a factor in his decision.

“Unconsciously, being Messi’s lieutenant may have played a part,” he said.

“But my teammates and club people did everything, they came to talk to me, increased my salary. They did everything to show that it was my house and that I shouldn’t leave.

“It was really complicated times, especially for my wife where I woke her up at 3am to talk about it.”

Source | Canal Plus

Griezmann went on to win the World Cup with France over the summer and will face Barcelona on Saturday as the two sides clash at the Wanda.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2qSKSbL

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.