الاثنين، 24 مايو 2021

Pep Guardiola confirms Sergio Agüero transfer to Barcelona is imminent

Manchester City v Paris Saint-Germain - UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Leg Two
Photo by Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images

The Manchester City coach revealed the secret publicly

Former FC Barcelona and current Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed the rumor that Sergio Agüero is close to joining the team he used to captain.

Agüero played under Guardiola last season, but it was no secret that it was the last year the Argentine would be in Manchester. He was given a hero’s farewell.

“Maybe I reveal a secret. Maybe he is close to agreeing a deal for the club of my heart - for Barcelona,” Guardiola told Match of the Day.

He would join on a free transfer to link up with his compatriot and friend Lionel Messi - that is, if the latter does agree to stay.

“He is going to be playing alongside the best player of all time, Messi.”

Agüero reflected leaving City, a team he had a transformative spell at in which he helped the Citizens time and again.

”Before the game, I felt so strange, the sensation is not good. I prefer to think about the good moments,” he said in regards to his final game with City.

“I’m a striker, my target is to score goals, so I’m so happy because it’s my last game and to score two goals is fantastic for me.

“When I came here the first title for me was the most important, for the club and for me. Then Man City started to win more titles so I’m so happy because it’s not easy to be 10 years at one club, for me, it’s an honor.”

Guardiola also paid tribute to Agüero in an emotional goodbye.

“We love him so much - he is a special person for all of us. We can not replace him. He showed his quality in those 30 minutes,” he said. Agüero scored a brace in a 5-0 triumph over Everton after coming on as a substitute.

“It was a perfect end, a fairytale moment. It was so good.

“He made an incredible two goals to finish the game in a good mood and now we have five days to prepare for the final.”

City are set to face Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League final.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3fWLRkn

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.