الجمعة، 28 مايو 2021

Emerson Royal says he’s confident of Barcelona move

FBL-ESP-LIGA-BETIS-BARCELONA
Photo by CRISTINA QUICLER/AFP via Getty Images

The defender is ready to make his “dream” move

Emerson Royal seems to have pretty much confirmed rumors he will move to Barcelona this summer from Real Betis.

There’s plenty of speculation flying around that Barca will pay the €9 million to make the Brazilian’s move permanent after two seasons at the Benito Villamarín.

Emerson, who is now on international duty with Brazil, has now spoken about his future at a press conference and is clearly excited about joining Barca.

“I know that Barcelona has spoken with Betis, where I was playing on loan, to let them know that they want to get me back. My loan ends at the end of this season, therefore, as of July 1, I am a Barcelona player, and I wish to fulfill the three-year contract that I have signed

“For me it is a dream to play for Barcelona. And if this possibility has appeared it was fundamentally as a consequence of my work, my determination and the evolution that I have had during the time that I have played in Betis. I am very happy. The recognition that Barcelona has had in me has been key in my career, now I hope to show my work at Barça.”

The defender has been called up to replace the injured Dani Alves for Brazil and could play at both the Copa America and the Olympics. Emerson also revealed just how big an influence on his career Alves has been.

“He is an inspiration to me, I have always followed him and I have a very special affection for him. I hope one day to meet him personally either in the Seleçao concentration or myself and, God willing, one day we will play together with Brazil.”

Source | Diario Sport

It’s possible Emerson’s move could be confirmed shortly. Joan Laporta promised in his news conference on Friday the club would be announcing some transfers as early as next week.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3i5Ucoj

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.