الاثنين، 31 مايو 2021

De Jong talks Wijnaldum, Memphis and Messi rumors

Netherlands Training Session
Photo by Broer van den Boom/BSR Agency/Getty Images

The midfielder is on international duty with Netherlands

Frenkie de Jong is giving nothing away when it comes to the possibility of Georginio Wijnaldum and Memphis Depay signing for Barcelona this summer.

The two players have both been heavily linked with a Camp Nou move on free transfers which would see them play alongside Netherlands teammate De Jong.

All three players are currently on international duty ahead of the Euros, and De Jong has been asked about the current speculation. He told NU, “It remains to be seen what they do. I don’t know how serious it is. And maybe I do, but then I won’t tell, haha.”

De Jong also spoke about Lionel Messi and is hoping the captain will stay on at Barcelona and extend his contract which expires in June.

“I feel he is happy at Barcelona. I really hope he stays, because that helps us. He is still by far the best player,” he said.

“It’s special to play with him. When I was twelve years old, he was already the best in the world. I looked up to him and now I’m still humble. When the positions are the same and I can choose between playing Messi. or somebody else, I always choose Messi. It would be foolish not to. He’s the best ever.”

The Barca midfielder hasn’t had too much time to rest after the end of Barcelona’s season but insisted he is “not tired” and is looking forward to the Euros. Netherlands kick off their campaign on June 13 against Ukraine.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3c46oCa

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.