الجمعة، 28 مايو 2021

Matheus Fernandes hits out at lack of game time

Cornella v FC Barcelona - Copa del Rey
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The midfielder has managed just 17 minutes this season

Barcelona midfielder Matheus Fernandes has revealed his frustration after a tough first season at the Camp Nou following his summer move from Palmeiras.

The youngster, who has still not been officially presented, has only managed 17 minutes this season which came as a substitute in a Champions League win over Dynamo Kiev.

Fernandes has spent the rest of the time on the bench and has given a lengthy interview to Mundo Deportivo where he’s revealed he doesn’t understand his lack of game time.

The Brazilian even says he thinks Ronald Koeman has something “personal” against him and explained what happened when he went to speak to the Dutchman after making his only appearance so far for the club.

“A month or something more after that game, and not having played again, I went to his office and said: “Mister why don’t I have more opportunities. Did I play badly?” And he told me: “No, you played well, but I can’t put you on because I don’t count on you, you don’t have the quality to play for Barça.” And I told him that if he doesn’t put me on, he can’t see if I don’t have quality and if the managers signed me, it was because of my quality. There must be something else.”

Fernandes also says Koeman told him he could go out on loan to play more and claims that he often didn’t train with the group and when he did he was “always out of position.”

The youngster is one of several players tipped to leave this summer and he also spoke about the future. He added, “For me, the best option is to stay here, but I don’t know how the club thinks. If I have to go out for minutes, I will.”

The signing of Fernandes is another really odd one by Barcelona. The youngster moved for €10 million on a five-year contract when Barca hardly lacked for midfield options.

It seems Koeman’s already made his move up about the Brazilian, although you’d expect to see him moved on in the summer no matter who the coach is due to the other options available.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3yDYg5b

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.