السبت، 29 مايو 2021

Araujo talks Barca future, Griezmann and Ansu

SD Eibar v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Cristian Trujillo/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The defender is out of contract in 2022

Ronald Araujo is currently away with the Uruguay national team but has been talking about his future at Barcelona and is hoping he can stay at the Camp Nou for a long time.

The 22-year-old is coming off a strong 2020-21 season with Barca. He missed chunks of the campaign through injury but still ended up making 24 La Liga appearances.

Araujo is actually out of contract next year but says he is hopeful he can stay at the Camp Nou for a long time to come.

“I am very happy to be in Barcelona, ​​I hope to be there for many years and give my best in each season. I have one more season left on my contract, which runs until 2022; I still do not know the issue of renewal, my representative is in charge of that, I am calm, I hope I can continue in the club.

“I think I had a good season and it is nice that they speak well of me, they talk about renewing but I am now focused on the national team and the qualifiers, then we will see what happens at the club.”

Araujo also spoke about some of his Barcelona team-mates, revealing that he was “a bit astonished” when he first started training with captain Lionel Messi “but then you get used to it.”

The defender also took time out to talk about Antoine Griezmann and heaped praise on Ansu Fati too.

“Antoine is a crack, he knows how to mate better than many Uruguayans, he drinks mate almost all day, he’s a great person too. Ansu is a tremendous player, a spectacular kid, he has already shown that he is a great player in every game he played, he is a gem of the club and I hope they take good care of him.”

Source | ESPN

Araujo also spoke about his current fitness and insisted he has put his injury problems behind him ahead of Uruguay’s World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Venezuela.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3vBoKSX

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.