الخميس، 26 نوفمبر 2020

Training with Messi ‘left me speechless’ - KP Boateng

FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid CF - La Liga
Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The Barca captain is “something else”

Kevin-Prince Boateng has been talking about his brief spell at Barcelona and how training with Lionel Messi made him feel completely inadequate.

The forward made the surprise move to the Camp Nou in January 2019 on loan but only made four appearances for the Catalan giants.

Boateng admitted he was pretty shocked to hear Barca were in for him and went on to explain what it was like being Messi’s team-mate at the Camp Nou.

“The six months at Barcelona were incredible,. At first, I didn’t believe it. I thought it was Espanyol who wanted me, not the real Barcelona!

“Training with Messi left me speechless. I had always said that Cristiano Ronaldo was the best in the world, but Messi is something else. He’s not normal.

“While training with him, I felt inadequate for the first time in my career. He was doing incredible things. I felt like saying, ‘I’m done, I’m going to quit playing!’”

Source | DAZN

Boateng has gone on to play for Fiorentina and Besiktas since he left Barcelona before joining Serie B team Monza on a one-year deal in September.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/33lb6XW

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.