الجمعة، 27 نوفمبر 2020

Pique: I’ve always dreamed of being Barcelona president

FC Barcelona v Real Betis - La Liga Santander
Photo by Eric Alonso/Getty Images

The defender also spoke about Lionel Messi

Gerard Pique has discussed the possibility of becoming Barcelona president one day in the future and also offered his thoughts on Lionel Messi.

The club is due to hold presidential elections in January with a new man set to come in and replacement Josep Maria Bartomeu at the helm.

Pique was asked if it’s job he fancies taking on in the future and made it clear it’s something he could see himself doing.

“Not in the upcoming elections because I can’t. I’m still a player and when you’re a player you can’t stand, but in the future you never know. I’m a massive Barcelona fan, as you all know.

“I’d like to help the club I love in the best way I know how, and that means being really well prepared to be president, if one day I think I can contribute something. If not I won’t put myself forward. It’s something I’ll decide in the future, it’s a dream I’ve always had, but I don’t know if it will happen in the future.”

The center-back was also asked about Messi and if he thought the Argentina international would stay at the Camp Nou beyond this season. The captain is out of contract next summer and Pique is crossing his fingers that he will stay.

“We’ll have to ask Leo, I don’t know. We hope that we will stay. It’s a very personal decision and we’ll see. As long as he continues at Barca, there is hope, and we hope that he can be seduced into staying.”

Source | Marca

Reports have suggested that Messi will wait to see the identity of the next president before he decides what to do next, while rumors Manchester City may try and bring him to the club have surfaced again recently.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/36cvQTn

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.