الأربعاء، 29 يناير 2020

Setien talks striker search, Carles Perez exit and Arthur

Valencia v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The latest from the Barcelona boss

Quique Setien spoke to the press on Wednesday ahead of tomorrow’s Copa del Rey clash with Leganes at the Camp Nou.

The new Barcelona boss was asked about Thursday’s opponents, transfer ins and out, Arthur’s form and Carles Perez’s departure.

Here are the best bits:

Setien on Leganes

Controlling the game is our main objective. We have to avoid counter-attacks and we’re going to try and take the initiative in the game. But we have to control the options Leganes have and try to minimise them. It won’t be easy. I think Leganes don’t have much to lose. For us it’s a very important game. Everybody here wants to get through to the next round and win the competition.

Setien on signing a No. 9

First of all I’m delighted with the options I have in my squad. I’m not going to deny that it would have been interesting for us to bring in a player, but I always focus on what I have and if anyone comes in then they’ll be welcome. It it doesn’t happen then I’ll be delighted to work with the squad I have. I’m used to working with what I have. I’m sure this side is prepared to compete in every competition.

Setien on Carles Perez’s departure

It was a shared decision. What I talked with him about was very clear. In the decisions made by the club, I gave my opinion. That’s it. Carles Pérez knows what I told him and also he is aware of the opinion of the club.

Setien on Arthur

The other day he played in the starting XI. He played 55 mins and he did a lot of good things without a doubt. He’s lacking a little bit of spark at the moment after the problems he’s had. I’m sure he will get better as he keeps feeling better.

Setien on departures

Any more departures? I can’t guarantee anything. We’ll see, these are decisions the club takes but I think it’s clear that nobody leaves if they don’t want to leave



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2RZclWn

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.