الثلاثاء، 21 يناير 2020

Setien talks No.9 search, Dembele and the Copa del Rey

Quique Setien In Press Conference Photo by Xavier Ballart/Urbanandsport /NurPhoto via Getty Images

The latest from the Barcelona boss

Quique Setien faced the press on Tuesday to talk about Barcelona’s Copa del Rey clash against UD Ibiza this week.

The new Barcelona boss spoke about the club’s search for a No. 9, Ousmane Dembele, the prospect of Lionel Messi playing tomorrow and what he expects from Ibiza.

Here are the best bits:

Setien on Barca’s No. 9 search

It’s true we are considering it, we have been talking about it. We still have to mature things a little more. It’s not something that’s bothering me too much. I’m more concerned about tomorrow’s game and Valencia. It’s a matter we’ll have to look into with the sporting management and find the most convenient solution.

Setien then gets asked again about signing a striker

They’re internal issues and it’s preferable if you don’t ask me because I’m not going to say anything, so let’s not waste time.

Setien on whether Messi will play tomorrow

I’ll have to see what happens in training. I have an idea in mind but I have to see what happens in training. I need to look at the rest of the players and see what starting XI we can put together that is competitive and balanced.

Setien on Ousmane Dembele

Dembele is an extrordinary player who unfortunately has not had a lot of consistency. He’s going to be a very important player for the team, for the club. He’s going to help us a lot.

Setien on tomorrow’s match against Ibiza

Circumstances are what they are with the weather (Storm Gloria) and the pitch. We have to adapt to them it’s obvious. There are many things we’d like to be able to do that we won’t be able to, though we will try. We have to see what the weather is like, if it’s raining or windy, and then there’s the artificial pitch. Ibiza are performing well and having an extraordinary season. They are on a run of six games without defeat and they certainly won’t make things easy. We have to focus on the fact that this will be a difficult game, the conditions are something that will even it up a lot.

Setien on Vidal, Rakitic leaving

As long as they are here. I have them 100% in my plans. Every player we have is worthwhile for me. I’m not thinking about any departures are present.

Setien on Emerson

Obviously Emerson is a player who I know well. I’m watching his progression and he continues improving every day. He had a very good game the other day. When the moment arrives we will evaluate it.

Setien on the Copa del Rey

I always give a lot of importance to every competition. I’ve always liked the Copa del Rey as a player and a manager. It’s a nice competition and I’ll definitely be trying to win it. Just like I want to win La Liga and the Champions League.

Valverde on single-legged tie

There’s no room for error obviously. If you look at things long-term with the amount of games there are, it’s good to have just one tie. But it also means the games become very tricky. I have to think about this game and the future. Obviously there will be players who are going to be playing a lot of games over the season who will travel but will rest.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2RCcz5n

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.