الأربعاء، 22 يناير 2020

Antonie Griezmann: ‘We are still adapting to playing with three centerbacks’

UD Ibiza v FC Barcelona - Copa del Rey: Round of 32 Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

Barcelona scraped by Ibiza in the cup

Antonie Griezmann spared Barcelona’s blushes with a well-taken brace against lowly UD Ibiza in the Copa del Rey. Barcelona trailed 1-0, but eventually won 2-1 to avoid elimination in the first round of the cup.

“They came in to the match better than us,” Griezmann said after the game. “They knew the pitch. It was hard to create chances, we didn’t take a shot in the first half. It’s a new system with 3 CBs, we have to get used to it, we have to work hard.”

New manager Quique Setién employed a 3-4-3 with only one recognized central defender - Clément Lenglet. Junior Firpo and Sergi Roberto made up the the rest of the three man line. One, a fullback, the other a midfielder converted to right-back.

“We are adjusting to the tactics of the new coach, and we have to continue to work,” the Frenchman said.

“We have to gain confidence with the ball, create spaces in attack.

“I thank my teammates for their passes, without them, it’s difficult for me to score. I was playing higher up the pitch, I had to wait for my chances. I got two, and scored two.”



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2sNimN5

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.