الأربعاء، 23 سبتمبر 2020

Mascherano glad Lionel Messi stayed at Barcelona

Barcelona v Las Palmas - La Liga Photo by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images

The Argentine has offered his thoughts on recent events

Javier Mascherano says he’s glad that Lionel Messi stayed at Barcelona and couldn’t really imagine the club without the GOAT.

Messi has confirmed he will continue at the Camp Nou despite informing Barca in August that he wanted to leave after almost two decades.

The captain also made his frustration at the club and president Josep Maria Bartomeu pretty clear, and Mascherano says he would not have liked to see Messi leave on bad terms.

“It is difficult to imagine Messi outside the club. He is the most important player in the history of Barcelona. He has been a very important piece, if not the most important. Beyond the friendship I have with him, I would have been sorry if he left badly,” he said.

“At times like this, I’m not interested in bothering Messi. I spoke and expressed my support, but neither by investigating too much. I talk with him often, I let him know that it was a joy for me that he stayed.”

Source | Radio Metro

Messi’s future is likely to remain the subject of speculation throughout the new season. The captain’s contract expires at the end of the campaign and it’s not known yet what he plans to do next.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2FJ4CcX

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.