الخميس، 24 سبتمبر 2020

Luis Suarez says emotional goodbye to Barcelona

FC Barcelona v Villarreal CF - La Liga Photo by Eric Alonso/MB Media/Getty Images

The striker say he’ll ‘always be one more cule’

Luis Suarez has said an emotional farewell to Barcelona at a goodbye ceremony at the club on Thursday ahead of his move to Atletico Madrid.

The Uruguay international couldn’t keep the tears from flowing at times as he spoke about his time at the club.

Suarez went on to thank Barca and the fans for all the support he’d received during his six trophy-packed years at the Camp Nou.

“Thank you to all the fans for everything they have done, for all their support, for cheering me on from day one. For the support from everyone inside the Camp Nou. This is so important to me and will always stay with me. I want all the cules to know, I will always be one more cule, no matter where I am.”

The striker was also quizzed on recent events but handled it all with good grace and wasn’t interested in leaving on bad terms. He explained he wasn’t surprised when Ronald Koeman told him he was not in his plans for next season even though he’s found it tough to leave the Camp Nou.

“The coach told me but I expected it. I accepted it and I said I’ve still got a contract and I’ll keep training until we find a solution and they respected that. It is hard to accept leaving. But it is reality and it is the things that happen in the world of football.”

Suarez was also asked about what the future holds for Barcelona and thinks the club are in good shape with their current crop of youngsters

“From what I’ve seen in training, it’s a brand new year, a change of pace, change of enthuasism, lots of new players, always bringing in a lot, there’s more opportunity for variation. I think I leave a good Barcelona and all of these young players have a great opportunity.”

The Uruguayan now heads to Atletico Madrid for the next stage in his career, but it won’t be long until he sees his old team-mates again. The two teams are scheduled are due to meet on 22 November in La Liga.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2EuVIiz

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.