الأحد، 27 أكتوبر 2019

Barcelona captain Lionel Messi ‘feels like a midfielder now’

Slavia Praha v FC Barcelona: Group F - UEFA Champions League Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images

The Argentine likes to drop deep and create

Lionel Messi seems to love giving interviews at the moment, and his recent chat with TyC Sports also made for interesting reading when he talked about his playing position.

The Barcelona captain says he feels more like a midfielder than a forward these days and talked about how he likes to drop back and build the play as well as put the ball in the back of the net.

“Now, I feel like a midfielder. Someone who builds attacks and creates goals rather than scoring them. I like to come more from the back, to have the ball and to create but also to get there and to score goals.

“I’ve learned to control myself in the match and to pick my moments. That’s why there are times where I don’t have to be involved in the play and I have to wait for it and I think it helps with the physical wear on you.”

Source | TyC Sports

Messi has found himself dropping deeper over recent seasons and his comments suggest that will continue as he gets older. His start to the season has been disrupted by injury but he’s still managed three goals and three assists in his seven outings for Barcelona.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2NeUtV3

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.