الخميس، 24 يناير 2019

De Jong confirms he rejected Man City and PSG

The Ajax starlet was a wanted man

New Barcelona signing Frenkie de Jong gave an interview for the first time since it was announced he would be moving to Barcelona this summer. In the interview he discussed the rumors that he was close to signing with either PSG or Manchester City over Barcelona.

“I am happy, proud and also somewhat relieved it is now completed,” De Jong said.

“I had spoken to PSG but I have spoke to Maxwell and my agent told them that I would not be moving, I had also spoken to Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

“I am very happy and proud that both those clubs wanted to sign me and others too, but Barcelona have wanted me for a long time and I know they have a financial situation where they cannot spend a lot of money.

“They have always been my dream club, they have always been serious about signing me and I always watched them when I was younger, which turned me into a fan.

“I’m not going as a tourist, and I do not want to say that I will be benching star players but I have a chance of getting minutes in a playing style that fits me.

“The transfer fee will not impact me, I will just do my own thing.”

De Jong | Source

De Jong will arrive at the Camp Nou in the summer on a five-yeal deal, with his release clause reportedly set at €400 million.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://bit.ly/2Dy4sRP

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.