الخميس، 24 مايو 2018

Yerry Mina: It’s been tough but I’m not thinking of leaving

Barcelona defender Yerry Mina has given an exclusive interview to Mundo Deportivo and it’s pretty interesting reading.

The Colombian defender admits he has found it difficult to adjust to Spanish football because “here everything is faster, more dynamic” but says he has “been working hard to adapt as quickly as possible.”

The centre-back came in for huge criticism for his performance in the 5-4 defeat at Levante and admitted he was anxious before the game and that it had affected him.

“Criticism after the game against Levante? Yes, it affects me. I always want to give 100% but sometimes things don’t go as planned.”

“I arrived in the middle of the season, in a difficult moment, I talked to some of my teammates, but now I have to show why I am here and do it well since the start of the next preseason.

“Compete with Piqué and Umtiti? I know that the beginnings are not easy, but I have all the desire in the world to succeed here.”

Mina has been linked with a move away this summer, with both loan moves and permanent deals discussed, not just because of his struggles to adjust but also because if Arthur arrives there will be too many non-EU players in the squad.

However, the 23-year-old is adamant he is not thinking about leaving Barcelona and that he is desperate to be a success at the club.

“Going out of Barça is not something that goes through my head, nor will it happen,” he said.

“I want to succeed here, learning every day from my colleagues and improving. It’s not easy because Barça is the best team in the world and it always demands you win, but it’s a nice challenge.”

We’ll be able to see Mina in action over the summer as he’ll be heading to the World Cup wit Colombia who face Japan, Poland and Senegal in Group H.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2ILiXBU

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.