الاثنين، 23 مايو 2016

Off-the-radar: An interview with Teo Tirado

In an exclusive interview, Sarthak Kumar talks to Teo Tirado about his aspirations as a coach and his move to Iceland.


When did you make the decision to pursue football and what motivated you to do so?


When I was a kid I played football with my friends for fun. Then, clubs wanted me based on my skills and since I was 10 years old I knew I wanted to be a footballer. I love this sport.


How would you describe your time at San Sebastian de los Reyes and Villarreal?

I was in San Sebastián de los Reyes when I was very young. It was a learning period for me, at that time I just wanted to enjoy playing football. Signing for Villarreal was a very important decision because I was at a professional club and I wanted to be a professional footballer. I had to sacrifice many things in life, but it was rewarding because I got to play with very good international players. Those three years were very nice.

What was the experience like when you played for for Valladolid for the first time?


It was a very big step in my career - playing professionally. There, I had lots of sporting and personal success. I got to play in major stadiums in front of many fans.

What influenced you to rejoin Ponferradina in 2009?


I decided to play for Ponferradina was because it was a club that wanted to progress to a higher league. It had a very nice stadium and fantastic fans. I had three very good years there, and we played some very nice football.


How did it feel winning promotion with Ebro for the first time in 2015?


When we won promotion with CD Ebro, it was a joy. I was very happy. It’s a humble club but the directive is very professional. We were all very happy that the club was now in an important category.


Out of all the clubs you've been at in Spain, with which club did have the best experience and memories?

I think the most important in my career and the clubs where I've been more comfortable have been Villarreal, Valladolid, Cartagena, Ponferradina, and Real Oviedo - for being professional clubs and having very positive experiences.

How did you feel when you received an offer from a club from abroad, and what made you join Selfoss (in Iceland)?

When I received the offer from Selfoss, I was very happy. I wanted to experience playing in another country different from Spain, know another style of football and another culture. I'm proud to play for Selfoss.

You've played in multiple positions - which one do you feel most comfortable in?


I'm a player that can play with both feet - being a versatile player has helped me a lot. The positions that I feel more comfortable with are offensive midfielder and winger. Now I'm playing as a striker and I'm also doing a good job.

Do you think the club can go all the way and challenge for promotion?


We have very young players. I think we have a good team wanting to be in the top positions. At the end of the season we'll see how far we get .

What are your plans for the future?

My future plans are to play in other countries outside Spain to learn different styles of football to gain knowledge for my future as a football coach. But I do not rule out returning to Spain one day.


What do you do in your free time?

I'm studying to train as a professional football coach. Football is my passion. My hobbies are watching football, mountain biking, surfing, swimming in the sea, travelling and learning about other cultures. I am also a good cook!


A huge thanks to Teo Tirado for taking the time out to do this.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/20t8lcI

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.