الثلاثاء، 16 سبتمبر 2014

Xavi Hernández: "I never wanted to leave Barça"


What a legend.


Xavi Hernández was incredibly close to leaving Barcelona this summer, but he decided to stay until the end of his contract, and possibly, his career. Despite not being as fundamental to the starting lineup with Luis Enrique as he was with all other coaches, he doesn't feel underappreciated.


He also never wanted to leave. In a quick interview to Spain's CANAL+, the legendary number 6 talked about other topics, such as Lionel Messi and Tito Vilanova. Take a look at some of his answers:




"If it was only me, I never wanted to leave Barça. But the circumstances change, and I felt that maybe it was time to leave, but the my mind got clear again and I knew I couldn't leave the club.


I've had a lot of opportunities to leave, but the love I have for the institution doesn't let me go away. I told the club that I didn't want to play in Europe, and especially I didn't want to face Barça. Imagine me playing at the Camp Nou in a Champions League semi-final with another kit. I couldn't do it.


To me, Messi is already the best player in history. His ability to change a game is unparalleled. Today, in my opinion, he's the best player in the world, and he is far away from everyone else. Whomever the number two is, he's distant from Messi. Nobody is that special.


Tito [Vilanova] was an extraordinary human being, above all. He was a great person, but he was also a winner in his football career. We all really miss him. There's no one quite like him."








from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1u2XSoe

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.