الثلاثاء، 30 سبتمبر 2014

Luis Enrique: I am the person responsible for this defeat


Don't be that hard on yourself, boss.


Luis Enrique suffered his first loss as Barcelona manager, going down 3-2 to Paris Saint-Germain and conceding goals for the first time this season. It's a bad result, and the boss knows it. He also thinks the loss is his fault.


"I am the person responsible for this defeat", he said. I wouldn't exactly agree with him. He took 15 second-half minutes to substitute Pedro when he could have done it during halftime. Munir was way better in his 30-minute stretch, and he could have made a bigger impact had the boss put him in earlier.


But the players' attitude was not good, too. The individual mistakes are not Enrique's fault, it's a result of lack of concentration and sense of positioning.


Still, Luis Enrique is taking the blame from the defeat, as he should being the manager.




"PSG took their chances and made the most of our mistakes. … I’m not in the slightest bit bothered about losing the lead. I’m worried about getting back the good feelings for the next few games … We made mistakes getting the ball out and that gave away set pieces. When you’re behind in a game, it’s very hard to turn it around.


PSG were able to cope with our pressure. We couldn’t find the way to cause real damage until the last 30 minutes and I think we could have drawn.


I am the person responsible for this defeat. It wasn’t my day for getting things right. I’ll try not to do it again or at least do it less … Favourites have to prove that they are favourites on the pitch.


The PSG win was no surprise to me. As I’ve said, they’re one of the favourites to win the Champions League".


Source: FCBarcelona.com




Let's move on, boss. You're still doing an awesome job, and I'm sure you'll learn from the loss and make your team better. We're with you, Lucho!







from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1rKqZie

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.