السبت، 28 أغسطس 2021

Koeman talks transfers, Ansu & Mbappe ahead of Getafe

Athletic Club v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The latest from the Barcelona boss

Ronald Koeman spoke to reporters on Saturday ahead of Barcelona’s La Liga clash with Getafe at the Camp Nou.

The Dutchman discussed the transfer market, Ansu Fati’s progress, his team’s home form and the prospect of Real Madrid signing Kylian Mbappe.

Here are the best bits:

Koeman on transfer market frustration

Everyone wants the best for this club and I can understand it’s sometimes frustrating but on the other hand we have to be realistic. Economically the club cannot compete with PSG, City or United. Today it is like that and you have to accept it. You have to work to improve but we are changing things. We need time for all these youngsters. Once we have recovered injured players, about 6-7 starters, we are excited and we believe we can build a good team.

Koeman on Umtiti

I don’t think it’s good to talk about individual names. The clubs knows what I want, which players I want to continue, but I respect players that have contracts with our team. They know which players will find it difficult to play games because of the competition in some positions. It’s really tough for them and us. If we recover all our injured players we will have 31-32 players in our squad. It’s impossible to manage such a big squad.

Koeman on if Coutinho or Manaj will wear the No. 10

I don’t know. That’s something of the club.

Koeman on the Champions League

It’s a strong group and for myself to face Benfica it will be special, one of the big clubs in the world, it will be great to face them. We played against Dynamo last time and we will have to be 100% game by game but first of all we have to play tomorow.

Koeman on if it’s another season of transition

I am not in favor of thinking about not winning things. I think we are in a club that always has to show a winning mentality. You have to be realistic with the moment of the club, we cannot fight for the best players in the world. We know that. We lack the best player in the world, but we have to improve as a team. We aspire to the maximum, but we have to know and wait on how we are doing in La Liga.

Koeman on Araujo and Uruguay call-up

I know there are some difficulties because in South America they play on different dates. It’s crazy to have different calendars, knowing the long trips the players have to make. It’s not in the interests of clubs, who pay the players. I think we have to be united and talk about this issue.

Koeman on Mbappe going to Real Madrid

I’m not worried, if they have the money to sign they can do it and he’s one of the best players in the world. Of course I would also want him in my team. Everyone tries to improve their squad and if you can do it by signing these kinds of players then great.

Koeman on Ansu Fati

We don’t have to rush. I think that Ansu still needs more time to compete at the best level. We are talking about a player who has been out injured for 7-8 months and you can’t recover your best form in 2 weeks. I don’t want to say a date. He needs more training sessions because we want to have Ansu for a long, long time and we won’t take a single risk.

Koeman on Ilaix

I don’t like to talk about Ilaix. I gave my opinion and now the player, his agents and the club have to decide. We know there are some clubs interested but they will have to pay what we are asking.

Koeman on Pjanic

There are only a few days to go to give out players who want to play for other teams. Pjanic is one of these players. His attitude is very good and that’s why he’s in the squad. I find it disrespectful to leave him out and summon only 20.

Koeman on transfer prices

For me these figures are absurd. Everyone has problems, for me it is crazy to pay so much money for a player.

Koeman on Collado

He knows his situation. There is big competition and he has to find an option to play.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2UU1jae

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.