الاثنين، 23 أغسطس 2021

Jordi Alba agrees pay-cut at Barcelona

Athletic de Bilbao v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The left-back has followed Gerard Pique’s lead

Left-back Jordi Alba has reportedly become the latest senior player to agree a wage cut with Barcelona in a bid to help the club during it’s current financial crisis.

According to multiple reports, the defender’s salary will be reduced by around 25% and the 32-year-old has also agreed to defer part of his wages until 2024.

Alba is the second Barcelona player to accept a reduction and follows Gerard Pique’s lead. Sergio Busquets and Sergio Roberto are expected to follow suit shortly.

The full-back has already spoken out about his willingness to help the club out after reports emerged suggesting he wasn’t too keen on taking a pay cut.

“When the club talks with me, I am willing. I’m from here, spending my whole life in Barcelona. That my commitment is questioned hurts me a lot.

“Pique’s was concluded first simply because of the timing but the willingness of all the captains was always as it had to be.

“The lies annoy me, they tire me. I can put up with a lot, but I suffer for my family and the things they have to hear.”

Alba also made it clear he wants to spend the rest of his career at the Camp Nou. The defender will be 35 by the time his current deal expires in 2024.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3gsb3jI

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.