الاثنين، 23 أغسطس 2021

Demir: It’s an honour to play for this beautiful club

Athletic Club v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The youngster made his Barcelona debut at San Mames

Yusuf Demir has been talking about making his debut for Barcelona and said it felt like a dream come true to play for the Catalan giants.

The 18-year-old came on as a substitute for Martin Braithwaite in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Athletic at San Mames and revealed what Ronald Koeman told him before he went on.

“It’s an honour for me to play for this beautiful club. It feels like a kid’s dream come true. I worked really hard to reach this stage and I’m really happy to make my debut,” he said.

“Koeman told me to enjoy it because it’s not every day that you make your debut for this beautiful club and I’m really thankful to him.

“The speed of the game was really high. I took me a little bit to come in but after that it was just a nice feeling and I hope it continues like that. I want to keep improving every day and I want to play for a long time here at FC Barcelona because it’s the best club.”

Source | FC Barcelona

Demir’s appearance saw him become the youngest non-Spanish player to make their La Liga debut for the Catalans since a certain Lionel Messi in October 2004, according to Opta.

The 18-year-old was originally signed by Barca B but has stayed with the first team after impressing in preseason. It’s thought he will continue with the senior side for the time being, while Ansu Fati and Ousmane Dembele remain sidelined with injury.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3sFlsgI

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.