الجمعة، 30 أبريل 2021

Barcelona to appeal Koeman’s two-match touchline ban

FC Barcelona v Granada CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The coach was sent off against Granada on Thursday

Barcelona confirmed on Friday they plan to appeal coach Ronald Koeman’s two-match touchline ban.

Koeman has been sanctioned after being sent off in the second half of Thursday’s 2-1 defeat to Granada. The referee’s report stated he was handed his marching orders for saying, “What a character.”

The Barca boss is now due to be banned from the bench for key games against Valencia on Sunday and Atletico Madrid on May 8 unless the appeal proves successful.

Koeman made it clear after the match he was not happy with the decision and felt he had done nothing wrong.

“I don’t understand it. According to Carlos Naval, I disrespected the fourth official, but I didn’t say anything bad.

“I didn’t insult him. It’s incredible. But if the fourth official wants to be the centre of attention... I said something, but with all due respect. He responded to me in a way that wasn’t so nice.

“He disrespected me. If they put something in the report that I haven’t said, then I’ll have to do something about it.”

Barca head into both games needing to bounce back from Thursday’s costly defeat and also needing Real Madrid to drop points if they are to win La Liga.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3aS5RCU

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.