الجمعة، 26 مارس 2021

Sergino Dest reacts after scoring first USMNT goal

FBL-WC-2022-FRIENDLY-USA-JAM
Photo by JAKUB SUKUP/AFP via Getty Images

The Barcelona defender struck a cracker against Jamaica

Sergino Dest has been talking about how he knew he would score after opening his account for the USMNT in Thursday’s friendly win over Jamaica in Austria.

The Barcelona full-back scored a brilliant goal to help his team to a 4-1 victory and also picked up the man of the match award after the game.

Here’s what he made of his goal:

“I told the staff I’m going to score this game,” he said.

“I told Reggie [Cannon]... I said it before the game. I was also talking with Christian Pulisic and he said ‘If you score, you have to do this [points to wrist]’ because it’s time. It’s time. We’re coming right now.”

Dest actually played as left-back for the US, rather than his usual right-back role, and spoke about how special it was to open his account for his country.

“It’s really special, of course. I was playing left-back, so I was just thinking to myself, ‘Okay, I have to score, I have to keep this level.’ I was just looking to come in with my right foot and just shoot,” he said.

“Obviously, I can also shoot with my left foot but I felt there was a lot of space in the middle, so I had to get inside and I had an open shot. I’ve practiced it, so now it’s good.”

Source | Goal

The Barcelona youngster is on a roll in front of goal with three in his last two matches for club and country. The USA play another friendly on Sunday against Northern Ireland at Windsor Park.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3rrhVjV

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.