السبت، 27 مارس 2021

Pjanic: I didn’t join Barca to leave the following year

FC Barcelona v Elche CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The midfielder has struggled to make an impact this season

Miralem Pjanic insists he is not thinking about leaving Barcelona despite enduring a disappointing first season at the Camp Nou.

The midfielder joined the club from Juventus in a curious deal that saw Arthur head the other way but has struggled to make an impact under Ronald Koeman.

Pjanic’s arrival was delayed because of Covid-19 which hardly helped his cause and he’s subsequently spent most of the time on the bench, making just six La Liga starts.

The 30-year-old has now been asked about his future and if he’s thinking about staying for another season. Here’s what he’s had to say:

“Yes, of course, I did not sign for Barça to leave the following year, I signed to make history in a club that had been in my way for many years.

“When I was 16 years old, my father met with Barça leaders, who wanted to sign me for Barça B. I was at Metz then and we didn’t know how to appreciate that Barça B is so important in this club.

“I decided to start my career in France but I always followed what Barça did. Two years ago, Abidal wanted to sign me, we were talking but the club invested in Antoine and there was no money left for me ... I had to wait two years to live the dream of being a Barça player.”

Pjanic goes on to explain how he’s been impressed by team-mates such as Pedri and Ousmane Dembele and also says he has a “spectacular” relationship with captain Lionel Messi.

The former Juventus man also goes on to say he’d like to be able to have just a couple of games in a row to prove to Ronald Koeman what he can do.

“Continuity, two or three games to show my football. That is what any footballer needs. But I’m going to keep working every training session to earn that opportunity. The coach is betting a lot on the young people of La Masía, that is great because it means maintaining a style and betting on footballers that you have trained, I can contribute my experience in important matches.”

Pjanic hit out at his lack of game time earlier this season which reportedly did not go down too well with Koeman, and right now it’s difficult to see him forcing his way into the starting XI at Barcelona.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3dgkmkp

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.