السبت، 20 مارس 2021

Pedri on Real Madrid trial: I saw the badge & knew it wasn’t right

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid - La Liga Santander
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The midfielder didn’t feel right in a white shirt

Pedri has been talking about the time he had a trial at Real Madrid and how he realized he was at the wrong club as soon as he put the shirt on.

The 18-year-old has previously admitted that Real Madrid turned down the chance to sign him after a week’s trial after telling him he wasn’t good enough.

The Barcelona midfielder has now offered a bit more detail on his encounter with Los Blancos and says he didn’t feel quite right wearing the white shirt.

“In the first few days I was there, when I put on the kit, I looked at the badge and I knew something wasn’t quite right,” he said.

“In the end, though, I was lucky enough to end up at the club that I want to be at.”

Pedri also spoke about Ronald Koeman and how the Dutch coach has surprised him by giving him plenty of game time at the Camp Nou.

“He surprised me because I didn’t think he was the way he is. He takes a chance on youth team players. I would like him to continue and if not I wish him all the luck in the world. He has given me a lot of confidence.

“The day of the presentation I was in a restaurant, where I greeted him and he told me that he didn’t know me well and that I had to prove myself. Now he has given me confidence and I thank him for that.”

Source | RAC1

The youngster has gone on to become a regular fixture in Koeman’s team and has featured in every single La Liga game for Barcelona this season. His impressive debut campaign has also led to a first senior call-up to the Spain squad this week.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2OQ0vjy

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.