الأربعاء، 29 نوفمبر 2017

Valverde: Oriol Busquets proved he’s a Barcelona midfielder

The teenager made his debut on Wednesday

Ernesto Valverde was pretty content after watching his side demolish Murcia in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday, a 5-0 win sealing an 8-0 aggregate victory.

The Barca boss handed Oriol Busquets a first-team debut and seemed pretty impressed with the teenager after the game.

“He is a Barcelona midfielder, that is clear," he said.

"He can help us in the passing game, although he must improve defensively.

"I would have liked him to play the whole match, however I didn't want to risk keeping four of our young players on the pitch."

Source | Marca

Busquets was replaced just after the hour mark by Sergi Roberto but did enough to shine and he says he will do everything he can to succeed at the club.

“I tried to get my nerves under control, remembering it's a game of football and I have to play as I know,” he said.

“I helped the team and we played a great match, achieving a good result. I must thank my team mates who helped me so much both on and off the pitch.“

"My great dream was to play here, since I first came to Barça, and I will do everything possible to succeed here.

“I’ve been working for this for many years, it’s been a very nice experience, the dream debut for every child who starts playing football from a very young age."

Source | FC Barcelona

It was a good night for Barca with Busquets having a good night along with fellow youngsters Carles Alena and Jose Arnaiz.

There were also loads of other positives, Denis Suarez put in a decent showing, Paco Alcacer was on target again and Sergi Roberto made his comeback from injury.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2nexTSu

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.