الاثنين، 25 سبتمبر 2017

The Goleadores: The tape of this game has officially been retired as a training implement for linesmen.

A more creative man than me would edit the footage along with some creepy music to show Luisito being haunted by offsides. 

You know, when your mind wanders consistently when you are watching the team you love, the team that made football incredibly beautiful to watch, you know you are watching an utterly boring match. And I felt guilty as well every time I caught myself wandering, because I know I have a responsibility to write about the team's performances as well as choose which individual players, if any, excelled. And boy, if any indeed. Usually, for the first ten minutes of a game, I'm relaxed and enjoying the match as I know I have at least 80 minutes to determine who is playing well. 20 minutes and I'm starting to see who is having a good game, good touches, good positioning, and things of that nature. But if it is already the sixty something minute of the game, and everybody is sort of just plodding along in a herd of adequacy, I know I'm in for a long night.

Basically, nobody really played above the level being exhibited by everybody else, so the choices I have for you today are incredibly subjective. I chose the players that did a little more, in my opinion, than their teammates, but I believe you will agree with me when I say that it really wasn't by much. And yes, the game was boring and I'm not really doing much to make this article much more entertaining. Perhaps, for games like these, I should stick to satire, make it akin to The Onion or some such. Forgive me this once, and let's get this over with.

Irish Goat’s Gamboling Goleadores!

1st Goleador: Aleix Vidal

He played a quietly decent game on the wing and was involved in many of the actions that endangered Girona's goal. A positive from his game is the options he provides in offense as a winger instead of anything he could provide as a right back. We all hope for the speedy recovery of Dembélé, but it is a comfort to know we might have one or two good players ready to take his spot should anything happen to him, or just for rotation purposes.

2nd Goleador: Mats

Barcelona have been so solid defensively thus far (knock on wood) that Mats hasn't had much to do. Therefore, it is encouraging to see him make saves when needed and stay sharp. Girona didn't attack much, to be sure, but when they did they could've easily spoiled our night if it hadn't been for Mats.

3rd Goleador: The Fans

I was thinking of going with Mafeo, but heck, it is us! Sitting through that deserves a participation trophy. Enjoy it, lads.

Visca Barça!



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2hrPWlT

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.