الثلاثاء، 26 سبتمبر 2017

Denis Suarez turned down two offers to prove himself at Barcelona

The midfielder is determined to be a success

Denis Suarez has revealed he turned down two offers to leave Barcelona in the summer as he is determined to become an “important player” at the club.

The midfielder’s future was the subject of some speculation yet he says he was never tempted to leave Camp Nou.

Denis has made five La Liga appearances this season, with two goals and an assists to his name, but just one of those has been as a starter.

However, he is hopeful of forcing his way into the team and proving his worth at the club.

"I had no doubts about staying," he said. "It's true there were two offers, but in no case did I think about leaving. I didn't want to move from here.

"I know I have the manager's faith and I believe in my chances. If I take advantage of my opportunities, my objective is to be an important player here and I won't stop fighting for that."

Source | RAC1

Denis also made no secret of the fact that he is delighted with the way the season has gone so far, with Barca having won six out of six to top the Liga table.

"We've started La Liga well and we're getting better all the time. It was unthinkable that we would be seven points clear [of Real Madrid in La Liga] after six games, but we have to focus on ourselves. The season's a long one and when you drop points, doubts can emerge.

"The dynamic is good, though, and not just in terms of results; I think the way we're playing is really good, too. It's been the perfect start to the season."

Source | RAC1

Ernesto Valverde has been more than willing to hand Denis first-team chances this season and he has taken them well with two goals.

Whether he can continue to do so and make a real impact, remains to be seen, but the signs so far are looking positive.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2foBff1

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.