الاثنين، 25 سبتمبر 2017

Mathieu: If I score against Barcelona I’ll only celebrate because of Bartomeu & Fernandez

The defender is set to face his former club in midweek

Barcelona take on Sporting in midweek in the Champions League where they will come face to face with former defender Jeremy Mathieu.

The Frenchman joined the Portuguese club over the summer and ahead of the meeting with his former employers has had a few interesting things to say.

Mathieu clearly feels he was not treated well by the Barcelona board and this was his response when asked if would celebrate against his former club if he scores.

"I don't know. I have a lot of respect for my ex-teammates and the fans,” he told Marca.

“If I celebrate it will be because of [club president] Josep Maria Bartomeu and [technical secretary] Robert Fernandez, because I think the way they treated me was very harsh."

Mathieu also felt he has been unfairly treated by Catalan newspaper Sport, believing criticism for his performance against Juventus was unjust.

"The press no, just the newspaper Sport. I'm a little pissed off with them because every time I played they always had something bad to say against me.

“But hey, that's how it was. Football is a team sport and when you lose it is never the fault of one person. That's my opinion.

"I have seen the match against Juventus again and everyone says that I was the problem. It is true that for the goals I was one against one and I did not win the ball, it deflected off me, but then Juve pass the ball and they could say what are Mascherano or Pique doing, but no. That's just my opinion."

Mathieu has already opened his account for Sporting with a brilliant free kick in a 2-0 win against Tondela recently.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2jWVp55

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.