الأحد، 24 سبتمبر 2017

Maffeo reveals what Messi said to him after Barcelona beat Girona

The Argentine was man marked all night by the youngster

Barcelona saw off Girona 3-0 on Saturday with the hosts scoring two own goals before Luis Suarez completed the win with the visitors’ third goal of the evening.

So, no goal for Lionel Messi for once and he was pretty much man-marked for the whole evening by a certain Pablo Maffeo.

The Girona youngster had a fine game and, speaking after the match, admitted he had enjoyed a chat with Messi after the final whistle, here’s what they said.

"Messi asked me a couple of things: if I was on loan from Man City and how old I was," he said

"He was very humble. We were talking because I was stuck to him the whole match. There were no bad feelings or anything funny. He's the best player in the world and if you don't stick to him, he can score at any moment.

"I had to be with him and to stop him touching the ball. It's difficult, not just in terms of the football, but psychologically. I am grateful for the confidence the coach showed in me."

Source | ESPN

And the answers? Well yes, Maffeo is on loan from Manchester City and celebrated his 20th birthday back in July.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2fp2PfF

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.