الأحد، 22 يناير 2017

Defensive Barcelona Break Anoeta Curse, Plus Diving is Bad

A dense game, yet neatly approached to obtain a great result.

Perhaps an otherwise perfunctory performance, it was yet what was necessary to crack that obstinate Anoeta curse that has been harrying us for nigh on a decade. Maybe not the flashy football we’ve been feasting on more often than not, but it was efficient. Real Sociedad at home is a very good team, and Anoeta has been stuck in our throat for ages, which is to say they are not a team to allow you to smother them. They will certainly put up a fight. This to say that Barcelona were indeed efficient, despite the seemingly absurd disarray in the midfield by both teams. I admit I enjoy defensive football on occasion. I enjoy our brand of football as much as any other guy, but sometimes I enjoy they gritty, choppy, seemingly boring matches were neither team seems to get the upper hand on the other. Unless, of course, we lose or tie and then I’ll be a despondent, petulant little man-child, likely to throw a hissy fit.

Now that I’ve thoroughly tarnished my credibility, I’d like to address a little thing that has been annoying me lately. It’s about this whole diving business. Now, just before somebody misinterprets what I am trying to say, I am not even remotely implying Neymar dove on either of the clear penalties. I can’t for the life of me recall which particular bit of theatrical improvisation put me in my current frame of mind, but I do remember clearly thinking at one point that it’s gotten a bit much. It is just poor sportsmanship, and dare I say, more than a little cowardly. It is also quite unfair to your own teammates to waste their effort and hard work, as well. Perhaps my rant is a tad unwarranted, it is just that I feel very strongly for this game, and don’t really appreciate when players misuse their skill and talent mucking about.

Irish Goat’s Gamboling Goleadores!

1st Goleador: Neymar

It has been quite pleasing to see the Brazilian hitting his stride the last few matches. Perhaps he felt he was being chastised by being benched, or the benching served to give him some needed rest, but the results are apparent. He is now playing a strong part in some of the recent successes of the team. Likely the score line in this particular would have been a little more flattering if they had finished some of the more decent chances, or if the ref had called some fouls here and there, but most of them began at the feet of the Brazilian.

2nd Goleador: Sergio Busquets

Busi was dominant today in midfield. It was not really particularly hard to pick him as the second choice for this game, as he was simply sublime. Iniesta is usually the maestro in the center of the field with his pace and vision. In this game Busi was holding onto the ball deftly, pressing continuously, and doing his best Iniesta impression with some terrific passing. He has always had terrific vision, never be it for me to say he hasn’t, but it was extremely impressive against La Real.

3rd Goleador: Samuel Umtiti

The youngster is looking more and more like a steal the longer the season goes on and he has more playing time under his belt. Yes, he’s had some blunders here and there, but otherwise he has been absolutely fantastic. And, there is no doubt in mind he’ll continue to improve with more playing time.

As always Visca Barça!



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2jcIzND

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.