الخميس، 15 ديسمبر 2016

Luis Suárez Renews Barcelona Deal, Hopes Lionel Messi Will Too

The Uruguayan hopes his teammate joins him at Barcelona for the long run.

It’s official, Luis Suárez has renewed with FC Barcelona until 2021, with an option for an additional year. The Uruguayan striker has become a focal point of the team and scored important goals in his time at Camp Nou, winning La Liga and the Champions League, among other titles.

The oft-troubled forward reported being filled with happiness at the chance to remain at Barcelona: “I am feeling overjoyed about being where I want to be. I feel very happy.”

“It was the decision that we all wanted, both the club and me, we have a great relationship … Any player would want to end their career at a club where they feel comfortable. We’ll have to see, but I will never lose either my ambition or my enthusiasm”.

His buyout clause remains at 200 million euro, and he will stay at the club for a minimum of four more seasons if he sees out the contract. He will be 34 by that time.

Barcelona hopes this will help move along negotiations with their main star, Lionel Messi. Suárez and Messi get along well on and off the pitch, and it’s understood that renewal talks between Barcelona and Messi and his father will ramp up.

Suárez played down talk that his renewal was going to convince Messi, but he did admit that he would not be completely happy until his forward partner renews.

"Messi is an adult, he knows what he has to do, I'm just another teammate. As a friend, I would love for him to continue, but I repeat, he is the one who will make the decision."



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2hABMei

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.