الثلاثاء، 13 ديسمبر 2016

La Liga News: 13 December 2016; Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Ballon d'Or, Atletico Madrid Hammered by Villarreal

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo beats Lionel Messi to win Ballon d'Or - ESPN FC
"It is a special moment. It means that all my sacrifice was worth it. I feel very happy to win this. I worked very hard," Ronaldo said in accepting the award. "A lot of people helped me get here, and it is not easy to get here. You can count on one hand players who maintain this level year after year. I am one of them, and that is a source of pride for me."

Cristiano Ronaldo calls 2016 'the best year of my career' after Ballon d'Or win - ESPN FC
Cristiano Ronaldo said 2016 was "the best year of my career" and cited Portugal's Euro 2016 victory as the highlight after being named this year's Ballon d'Or winner. Ronaldo picked up football's most prestigious individual award for the fourth time after comfortably winning the vote of a global panel of journalists organised by the French magazine, France Football.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Tax evasion allegations 'spoiled' Ballon d'Or win - ESPN FC
"I don't always say what I think, because sometimes it works against me. But of course I wasn't pleased. The whole process in itself, and it's not necessary to say where all that started, is hard not only for me, but also for the people alongside me: my family, my son, all those who work with me. My son goes to school. He's starting to understand things.

Villarreal 3 - 0 Atletico Madrid - Sky Sports
Atleti, who have lost three of their last six league games, fell behind to Manu Trigueros' 28th minute strike after errors by Tiago and Diego Godin. Jonathan Dos Santos scored Villarreal's second 10 minutes later and Bruno Soriano added a stoppage-time third, as Atletico, who lost goalkeeper Jan Oblak to injury in the first half, failed to score for a third consecutive match.

Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann content with third in Ballon d'Or - ESPN FC
"They are two monsters of the game, two legends, and, to be just behind them, I'm proud, I'm happy," said Griezmann, who polled just in front of Messi's Barca teammates Luis Suarez and Neymar. "I have to keep going like this, keep scoring, keep enjoying myself on the pitch and giving happiness to the people watching."

Oblak injury worse than Villarreal defeat - Simeone - Goal.com
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone says the injury to goalkeeper Jan Oblak was the worst thing about Monday's damaging 3-0 defeat to Villarreal. The home side took a 2-0 lead into the break thanks to goals from Manu Trigueros and Jonathan dos Santos at El Madrigal, with Tiago and Oblak culpable for those respective strikes.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2hodaYk

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.