الأربعاء، 8 أكتوبر 2014

A Brazilian midfielder thinks Lionel Messi is "just another player" he has to defend


OH, YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT


As bad as the international break is, at least we have something fun to enjoy. On Saturday, Brazil and Argentina face off in Beijing, China, for the third edition of the Americas' Super Derby. Yes, it's a legit tournament between the Seleção and the Albiceleste, with a real trophy given to the winner.


For Barcelona fans, it's a beautiful opportunity to see the biggest stars of our team in opposite sides: Lionel Messi and Neymar will play their fourth match against each other. They are the two leaders of their national teams, and the beginning of this season shows that they're currently in great form. Javier Mascherano is also playing, this time as the defensive midfielder. (PLEASE WATCH IT, LUCHO!)


Anyway, Brazil vs Argentina is the greatest rivalry in the international scene. It's the 100th match between them, and players will treat the game as a special one.


Just like any other rivalry, there's some trash-talking. This time, it came from Brazil's midfielder Luiz Gustavo. If Argentina plays in their usual scheme, Gustavo is going to defend Messi for the whole 90 minutes (if he doesn't get sent off earlier) of the game. But Gustavo doesn't see Messi as a huge threat for him:




"I have the experience necessary to play at this position for Brazil. I've been defending great players for a long time. I understand Messi is a very good player, but I think he's just another player I have to defend. It's just another game for me, and I think I'll do well."


Source: ESPN Brazil




Look, I know he's confident, and Gustavo is a decent player. But, as a Brazil fan, he is far away from ready to play for his national team, let alone mark Messi. Leo doesn't pay attention to what people talk about him, but I think he's going to destroy Gustavo anyway.


I can't wait for Saturday.






from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1v2hNrC

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.